Traveling around the countries, everyone wants to immerse themselves in the local atmosphere, to feel the peculiarities of the mentality of the locals. You can feel it in the La Paradeta restaurants of Spanish Catalonia. Catalans often come to these places, the main features of which are thriftiness and friendliness.
The atmosphere without any extravagances, including simple, but tastefully decorated decor of the premises, is more like a simple dining room. But with a Mediterranean bias. The chain of restaurant offers self-service: delicious dishes from freshly caught fish and seafood, as well as reasonable prices. These factors attract citizens and tourists here to eat seafood cheaply and deliciously, as well as freshly cooked fish in a relaxed atmosphere. The institution is similar to “mix” from the fish market and a canteen.
Features of self-service
Usually, to get into the chain, you need to stand the queue, which, however, moves quickly.
At the entrance there are large counters with stabbed ice with an abundance of sea creatures, where you can choose what you want. You just need to point your finger at what you like and wait until they cook. Guests name the weight or number of selected sea creatures or fish. Here the products are weighed.
The methods of cooking and serving are also selected – deep frying, steaming, grilling, leaving it raw, serving with or without sauce. For example, mussels in white sauce or steamed mussels, cuttlefish or octopus under a green pesto with garlic. No side dishes are provided here. On separate tables there are ice buckets where white and sparkling wine is cooled. Beer is also offered in the establishments.
You get a check with a number in the till. The receipt must be paid and the number must be remembered. It is advisable to know how the numbers in Spanish sound: uno, dos, tres… You can also order and pay for a portion of salad, wine, beer, water and bread, if you wish. A portion of salad is impressive in size, sometimes it is enough for two people. After payment, you go to the hall, where you can have a snack or a drink while waiting for the main dish.
After 15 minutes, when the dish is cooked, the administrator shouts out the number corresponding to the number on the check in Spanish. Facility’s guests go with the check to the kitchen window and pick up the dish. After the meal, dishes should be taken to the window and handed in by yourself. There are no waiters here, self-service – to the maximum.
There are seven restaurants in the chain, six of which offer their services in the capital of Catalonia.
Schedule of work:
- Tuesday – Friday: from 01:00 p.m. to 04:00 p.m. and from 8:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 01:00 p.m. to 04:00 p.m. and 08:00 p.m. to 08:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 01:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Monday: day off.
Six in Barcelona and one in Sitges
- La Paradeta Sants is located in the central Sants district, next to the railway station. Address: c/ Riego 27, 08010, Barcelona. You can take the L1 metro line to Plaça de Sants or the L3, L5 lines to Estacio Sants station.
- La Paradeta Born is located in El Born, one of the four quarters of the Old Town. The other three quarters are called Sant Pere, Santa Caterina i la Ribera. The Citadel Park and the Zoo are very close to the facility. The address of the restaurant is c/ Comercial 7, 08003, Barcelona. Nearest metro stations: Arc de Triomphe (L1 line) and Barceloneta (L4 line).
- The facility with a spacious hall La Paradeta Sagrada Familia is located at c/ Passatge Simó 18, 08025, Barcelona, in the historic area, a few tens of meters from the famous Sagrada Familia. The restaurant can be reached by a narrow street along Gaudi’s “facade” upwards, and behind the crossroads turn left into the first street. Take the L2 or L5 lines to La Paradeta Sagrada Familia metro Station. There are also buses no.19, 3, 34, 43, 44, 50, 51, B20 and B24 to the cathedral.
- La Paradeta Sitges is located outside Barcelona, in the pedestrian zone of a beautiful small beach resort town of Sitges. Address: c/ Sant Pere 24-26, 08870, Sitges. To the station of Estácio de Sitges from Barcelona there are regular suburban trains of the company Renfe. The restaurant is a 10-15-minute walk from the train station. And from the beach – and even less time, to go on a perpendicular street no more than a hundred meters.
- La Paradeta Meridiana offers delicious and inexpensive meals in a quiet area of Barcelona at c/ Pacífic 74, 08027, Barcelona. La Paradeta can be reached by the L1 metro line to Fabra i Puig station or by the L1, L5, L9 and L10 lines to Sagrera station.
- La Paradeta Passeig de Gràcia was built in 2015 in the central area of the capital of Catalonia, called the Golden Mile of Barcelona, at c/ Consell de Cent 318, 08007, Barcelona, a few meters from the house of Batlló. Nearest metro station: Paseo de Gracia (L3, L5 lines).
- La Paradeta Paral·lel is the seventh restaurant in the list by the start of work chronology. Address: Avda. Paral. lel, 46, 08001, Barcelona. Nearest metro station: Paral. lel (L3 and L2 lines) and Drassanes (L3 line).
Queues at La Paradeta in Barcelona and Sitges have been here for years. This chain of restaurants specializes in the freshest seafood – the best in the region. The chain of restaurant offers self-service: fast, not pathetic and delicious. Food is also allowed for take-away. Price list is cheap.